No More Leaky Spigot


My previous post
reported a leaky spigot after 5 days of fermentation. The fix was so simple that it proves how mechanically inept I really am. The top of the spigot needed to be tightened with an allen wrench, which I should have done when I got it. That’s all.IMG_20150414_191715553

Do you see the top of the handle? That’s a hex bolt, which simply needed to be tightened, which makes the ball valve inside tighter. After I did, no more leaks.

That’s a picture of it not leaking in my cold-crashing mini-fridge. Hopefully no more problems. In other good news, as my first batch of beer carbonates fully (Spring Victory), it is tasting a lot better. Malty and bready, not so bitter.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “No More Leaky Spigot

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s